Friday 11 August 2017

KoreanBuddy Forwarding Service Review:


These are just some of the items I bought from the massive haul of mine. Over here, there are earrings on the left, two denim skirts of different lengths from Dailymonday, three bags, two of which were backpacks, one picnic bag, five skincare products, more clothes from Dailymonday and two lamps that I thought were cute. 

Over here, I've got two pairs of pants, sandals, some cosmetics, another skirt, a linen jacket, belt, and Jonghyun's album that came with a poster. :)
  ------------

I have chosen to use Korean Buddy as a shipping/forwarding service through scrolling through a couple reviews and from browsing online. Based off what I had seen, Korean Buddy was a service with good communication with good recommendation so I gave it a try. I usually would use larger Korean sites such as Gmarket and 11st when I bought things online from Korea, however I did find that either selection was limited or that the weight of items were sometimes states too high causing the shipping fee to be too expensive. Either how, both of those websites were also reliable yet I wanted to see if there was another alternative to shipping goods to me.

Personally, as someone who browsed the web too often and had too many things that I wanted to buy online, I had indulged into my pleasures. There happened to be a online, clothing mall that I really liked that only shipped to Korea. Otherwise, if it did ship internationally, the fees were overpriced. So of course, I submitted my first order, and came another and etc. Lol

The application process was quite easy and simple. I submitted links of items that I wanted stating the quantity, color and other details if necessary. The replies were quick and I got a response usually in the next 24 hours. I would submit my payment and when the items arrived, Korean Buddy would message me in choosing a shipping option.

In terms of communication, I really appreciated how I was able to get a response quickly. I had messaged them through the messenger app, Line, as well as online through my account and they were able to clarify and questions that I had. When I had forgotten if I had added something to my list to purchase, they were able to confirm that with me.

Now that is why, I liked this service. Usually in shipping from other sites, they demanded for EMS which is understandable as that is reliable and allowed parcels to arrive quickly. However, for those who are concerned with the fee of shipping, you are able to select what type of shipping option you would like. Ex: EMS, air, economy/ground shipping… The first time I had bought from them, which was really a large haul, I chose that ground shipping option as I happened to be travelling abroad and away for home. Therefore, waiting one to two months for the parcels were fine with me. Do keep in mind that the cheaper the shipping option that you opt for, the longer it would take for the items to arrive.

Not only were there plenty shipping options to choose from, I also liked the fact that they would snap you pictures of the items that arrived so that you can feel at ease and satisfied with what  you had bought. So yay :) Usually from some other sites that do forwarding, they would require extra payment but Korean Buddy did not. Another thing to add is that Korean Buddy would label your parcel as “gift” or related so when it arrives to your country, you do not need to pay extra fees from your border. Or at least from my experience, I have yet to pay any extra fees once items were labeled as gift.

---

As you can see, all items that arrived were in good condition and nothing came in broken. From above, I had purchased items from 10x10, 11st, Gmarket and Daily Monday.

In terms of this, I would recommend using this site as a place to forward parcels from Korea to your home. Also, if you happen to follow them on Instagram, they also have giveaways so :)




Ratings:

Communication: 10/10
Shipping: Great. I can’t put a rating on this since this depends on which option you choose.

I personally believe that a number shouldn't be labeled here for a rating because KoreanBuddy really does a great job in sending you the things you would like efficiently and easily. With that in mind, I would like to give a referral code, "mekexpress" for those who would like to purchase something from Korea. This code does give me upgraded shipping but those who use the code also get $4.50 off your service fee on your first order. <3


As a late update, I would like to say thank you for reading, and that I'm trying to update with some new information and reviews soon. Until then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts